Dr.Anantha Prasad Holla ( Consultant Vitiligo Specialist, Founder and Director of MelanoSite and VITALS klinic)
The journey of Dr Holla’s academics started from Mysore Medical College and continued to accomplish his higher education from the most reputed dermatology department of Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh (PGIMER).
His paramount interest in Vitiligo surgery was the foremost motive to become one among the most successful researcher and expert of non cultured epidermal suspension transplantation in Vitiligo. Internationally acclaimed Dr. Holla believes in result oriented procedures and not just in the number of procedures. He has around 700successful procedures to illustrate his dedication and result oriented treatment success in his 4-5 year long career. His inborn research mentality has shown him the path to modify procedure of Non Cultured Epidermal Suspension Transplantation, Follicular Cell Suspension Transplantation, Milligrafting, Mincegrafting and Follicular Unit Replacement Procedure.
He is awarded with several scholarships (including ISD, BAD and ILDS) and his excellent presentations at International conferences make him an international name to reckon with. Several of his publications on Vitiligo are under review in International journals.
|2007-2009||M.D. (Dermatology)||Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (P.G.I.M.E.R), Chandigarh|
|1997-2003||M.B.B.S.||Mysore Medical College, Mysore, India|
- MD dermatology from PGIMER, Chandigarh, a premier post graduate institute in India.
- Worked as Assistant Professor at Department of Dermatology, K S Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore, India.
- Previously consultant (Principal Investigator) for CIDP Biotech, Delhi, India.
- Heading “MelanoSite” centre for advanced vitiligo treatment and collaborative pigment cell research, New Delhi.
- Visiting consultant dermatosurgeon/dermatologist for Arogya Multi Specialty Clinic, Mangalore.
- Consultant dermatosurgeon/dermatologist at Kayakalp Global Skin. An integrated dermatology center at Faridabad, - collaboration for holistic approach in vitiligo
- Visiting consultant at Magnus Specialty Research Labs, Gangtok, Sikkim.
- Collaborated with Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, a CSIR unit and their consultant for various basic and genomic research projects in vitiligo.
- Collaborated with Department of Dermatology, Emory University Medical School, Atlanta, Georgia, USA for research in Vitiligo and establishing cellular transplantation.
- Collaborated with Skin and Cancer Foundation Sydney, New South Wales, Australia for research in Vitiligo and establishing cellular transplantation
- Collaborated with Site Management Organizations, Clinfound and Leads Clinical Research for dermatological clinical trials.
Paper Presentations and Guest Lectures
- Management of lip vitiligo by autologous melanocyte transplantation’ at ACSICON 2008 and SAARC Conference of Cutaneous Surgeons held in Indore, India
- Guest speaker at 3rd International Symposium for Vitiligo in Combination with 2nd CME Asian Society for Pigment Cell Research held in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- 'New modified procedure of non cultured autologous melanocyte transplantation in stable vitiligo’ at DERMACON 2009 held in Bengaluru, India.
- 'New modified procedure of melanocyte transplantation for “Difficult to treat “ vitiligo lesions’ at ICD 2009 held in Prague, Czech Republic.
- ‘Phosphate buffered saline as an effective alternate to melanocyte media in autologous non cultured melanocyte transplantation’ at 89th Annual BAD Meeting held in Glasgow, UK
- “Retrograde migration of melanocytes in the improvement of Leukotrichia: Role of epidermal suspension transplantation as a link between hypothesis and theory.” at 4th Asian Society for Pigment Cell Research meeting held in Guangzhou, China.
- ”Non cultured epidermal suspension transplantation: Its journey beyond special needs” at Fortis Hiranandani Hospital, Vashi, Navi Mumbai in August 2010.
- “Is the success of autologous non cultured epidermal suspension transplantation depends on the special medium like melanocyte medium?” at First Vitiligo World Congress held in Milan, Italy .
- Guest lecture on non cultured epidermal suspension transplantation and what’s new in vitiligo at Mauritius in December 2010.
- Guest Lecture on “Factors affecting the outcome of non cultured epidermal suspension transplantation” at Delhi IADVL meeting in March 2011
- Faculty for vitiligo surgery workshop conducted at VITILICON 2011 held in Bangalore in April 2011.
- ”Milligrafting: a novel way of melanocyte transplantion in stable vitiligo” at World Congress of Dermatology held in Seoul, Korea in May 2011
- “Combination surgery: When stable lesion rather than stable disease is an inclusion criteria for the surgical management of vitiligo” as a poster presentation at 91st Annual meeting of BAD held in London in July 2011.
- Panelist in the panel discussion on vitiligo surgery at 5th ASPCR meeting in New Delhi in November 2012.
- Holla AP, Parsad D. Vitiligo surgery: its evolution as a definite treatment in the stable vitiligo. G Ital Dermatol Venereol. 2010 Feb;145(1):79-88. Review.
- Holla AP, Kumar R, Parsad D, Kanwar A. Modified procedure of noncultured epidermal suspension transplantation: Changes are the core of vitiligo surgery. J Cutan Aesthet Surg 2011;4:44-5
- Holla AP, Kumar R, Parsad D, Kanwar A. Proton pump inhibitor induced depigmentation in vitiligo. J Cutan Aesthet Surg 2011; 4:46-7
- Girisha B S, Holla AP, Fernandes M, Tonita M N. Necrobiotic xanthogranuloma. J Cutan Aesthet Surg 2012; 5:43-5
Accepted for publication:
- Holla AP, Sahni K, Kumar R, Parsad D, Kanwar A, Mehta SD. Acral vitiligo and lesions over joints: “Not so difficult to treat areas” for non cultured epidermal suspension transplantation. Accepted for publication in Clinical and Experimental Dermatology
Submitted for review:
- Holla AP, Sahni K, Kumar R, Parsad D, Kanwar A, Mehta SD. Retrograde migration of melanocytes in the improvement of lekotrichia after non cultured epidermal suspension transplantation. Under review in Dermatologic Surgery (Original article)
- Holla AP, Sahni K, Kumar R, Parsad D, Kanwar A, Mehta SD. Management of lip vitiligo with non cultured epidermal suspension transplantation. Submitted for review in Dermatology (Original article)
- Holla AP,Kumar R, Parsad D, Kanwar A, Mehta SD. Journey of non cultured epidermal suspension transplantation beyond special media. Submitted for review in BJD.(My thesis article)(Original article)
- Holla A P. Milligrafting in stable vitiligo. Submitted for review in IJD (Original article)
Experiences in Clinical Trials
- Worked as study coordinator in FDA approved Pfizer study A6061030 (March 2007 to November 2007) in post herpetic neuralgia
- Worked as study coordinator in FDA approved Aspreva study WX17796 (July 2007 to November 2009) in pemphigus vulgaris
- Worked as co investigator in Lupin study LL 3348 (August 2007 to December 2009) in psoriasis
- Worked as co investigator in Lupin study LL 4218 (August 2007 to December 2009) in psoriasis
- Worked as principal investigator in L’oreal study 10CE099(done in Mauritius in Nov 2010) in post laser cream
- Worked as principal investigator in L’oreal study 10CE101(done in Mauritius in Nov to Dec 2010) in UV induced pigmentation
- Worked as principal investigator in Galderma screening trial ( Feb 2011) of Indian dermatoses
- Worked as principal investigator in L’oreal study ACR/CHEV/1020(Jan 2011 to Mar 2011)in acne
- Worked as principal investigator in Pierre Fabre study RV 4280A 2011 5(Feb 2011 to May 2011) in melasma
- Worked as principal investigator in L’oreal study 11DE002(April 2011 to May 2011) in skin foundation cream.
- Working as prinicipal investigator in basic and genomic research project to understand skin homeostasis in vitiligo in collaboration with IGIB since December 2011
- Member of International Society for Dermatology.
- Member of Asian Society of Pigment Cell Research.
- Member of Indian Association of Dermatologists, Venereologists and Leprologists.
- Member of Special Interest Group on Pigmentary disorders by IADVL.
- Member of Editorial Board, Journal of Cutaneous and Aesthetic Surgery.
- ICD 2009 scholarship provided by International Society of Dermatology to attend and present paper at 10th International Congress of Dermatology held in Prague, Czech Republic.
- BAD travel grant provided by British Association of Dermatologists to attend and oral presentation 89th Annual BAD Meeting held at Glasgow, UK.
- ASPCR travel award provided by ASPCR to attend 4th Asian Society for Pigment Cell Research meeting, Guangzhou, China.
- WCD 2011 Scholarship provided by ILDS for attending WCD2011 held in Seoul, Korea in May 2011
- International Society of Dermatology Mentorship Program for the year 2010, and got scholarship by ISD for the same. It was on vitiligo at Department of Dermatology, Florence University, Italy.
- BAD travel grant to attend 91st Annual BAD Meeting held at London, UK.